Ezra: The Faithfulness of God
10 January 2010
Welcome and Opening Prayer: Emmanuel Georges
Congregational Song: Forever God Is Faithful (by Michael W. Smith)
Reading: (Unison) – 1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (NIV)
Special Song: You Were There (Moriah / Kerissa)
Sermon: Rev. Sean Pease – Ezra: The Faithfulness of God
VIDEO: Lean In by Floodgate Productions
The Work Opposed (4:1-24)
2 Kings 17:33; John 4:22; 2 Timothy 2:3-5; Matthew 5:13-16 ; 1 Peter 5:8
The Work Resumed (5:1-6:12)
Haggai 1:1-8; Psalm 19:11; Matthew 22:29
The Work Completed (6:13-22)
Daniel 2:21 (NIV); Jeremiah 29:10
- God remains completely dependable and unchanging
- The world is a hostile environment for Christians and the gospel message
- God remains sovereign over the world
- Those who obey His Word will experience His strength
- When people ask you about your faith or circumstances in your life, answer truthfully. Acknowledge difficulties and failures when appropriate.
- Truth guides those who bring about positive change in the world.
- Don’t give in to despair or retreat when faced with difficulties. God will not take you beyond His strength to provide for you.
- Study God’s Word and learn from Him so you can live in faithful obedience to His will.
- Celebrations within the church provide opportunities to offer thanks to God and acknowledge His goodness.
Invitation: ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus (502)
Offering: (video) God’s Promise (The Brooklyn Tabernacle)
Benediction: Hebrews 13:20-21 (Sean Pease)